Sunday, 31 July 2011

No one is in control of your happiness but you

'No one is in control of your happiness but you; therefore, you have the power to change anything about yourself or your life that you want to change' Barbara de Angelis

Deep down I think we all know this to be true. The hard fact is that we tend to blame our unhappiness on others, but in truth we are the custodians of our own happiness. The way we react to events, how we ourselves perceive the world, that is the source of our happiness.

Of course that's all well and good, but maybe the filter through which we perceive the world has been muddied as we've aged, tarnished by a thousand events or disappointments, warped by cynicism. What then? Is it too late to correct it?

No. I don't believe it is. I think it's more a matter of finding a new, more optimistic way of seeing the world - and that's what this whole exercise is about, finding that perspective.

This will be the cornerstone of my happiness equation:

No one is in control of your happiness but you

No comments:

Post a Comment